Advanced Digital Photography Course
For those who are a little bit more experienced, who want to improve their abilities or who wish to take their photography further.
Learn more advanced techniques to improve their photographic skills in a variety of different subjects.
The Advanced Digital photography course can be tailor-made to suit requirements or specific interests upon request.
- More advanced uses of a digital camera, exploring the camera settings in depth and how to get more out of your camera
- Camera accessories – tripods, off-camera flash, lenses, filters etc. – choosing them, when to use them and how to get the most out of them
- Photographing children.
- Shooting landscapes and cityscapes.
- Photographing people, portraits and nudes.
- Street photography.
- Sports photography.
- Travel photography.
- Photography in difficult conditions – at night or in low light, at the beach/seaside or on boats, whilst skiing, at the theatre, firework displays.
- Shooting buildings and interiors.
- Converting images to black and white.
- Post production of digital photographs – editing, adjusting and enhancing images with
- Photoshop, cropping, tone and colour balance, preparing a photograph for printing or for websites, which file format to use.
- Looking at students’ photographs and evaluating them.
- Looking at a selection of professionally taken photographs in books and magazines and discussing them.
- General discussion and questions.
A view of Canary Wharf from North Greenwich, London, with digitally enhanced river in the foreground